Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity: Manager – Primary Medical Centre (PMC)
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position of:
Manager – Primary Medical Centre (PMC)
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Head of Outreach and based at Kisii Primary Medical Centre, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and operations of the primary medical centre, while ensuring quality and effective service delivery as per policy. The position holder will be accountable for meeting the healthcare outcomes and financial targets of the centre.
- Develop and implement the Primary Medical Centre policies, goals and objectives.
- Oversee operational and administrative functions of the Primary Medical Centre.
- Drive performance management process and support Human Resource functions of the PMC.
- Lead in business development and marketing initiatives.
- Evaluation of the overall performance of the PMC and activities of the various functions including Human Resources, Finance, Material Management Division, Business Development, Clinical,
- Quality Assurance, Facility Management and Support Services.
- Responsible for preparation of budgets, plans and reports
- Provide oversight in utilization of resources including stock and supplies management
- Drive quality agenda of the PMC while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance standards including adherence to NEMA, OSHA and other relevant certification bodies.
- Master Degree in the relevant discipline (Health Systems Management, Health Policy, Health Administration, Public Health).
- Over 5 years’ experience in a leadership position in a hospital environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of business development and marketing skills to promote Health Services
- Strong inter – personal and public relations skills
- Understanding of project management principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of management and operations of a healthcare facility
- Knowledge in evaluation techniques and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good interpersonal relations, leadership and organizational skills.
- Problem – solving skills with ability to deal with stressful conditions.
- Good supervisory skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th April, 2019.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
A competitive compensation package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.