Sanergy is looking for a qualified Logistics Engineer to join our Inbound Customer Success Team on a full- time basis.
Who we are
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
About the role
The Inbound Customer Success team seeks to achieve scale and profitability in organic feedstock aggregation.
The Logistics Engineer’s role will be to optimize the value of organic waste management for both Sanergy Limited and its organic feedstock clients.
A typical day for you might include the following
- Run all logistics operations to ensure that they are on time and deliver waste to Kinanie in full.
- Conduct shift and route planning to ensure maximum labor utilization
- Manage relations with all existing clients to ensure optimum level of customer service
- Conduct projects to optimize cost of logistics & disposal
- Manage and analyze logistics data utilizing general and statistical approaches
- Give recommendations based on data analysis to assist in decision making
- Actively participate in capacity increase projects by evaluating and implementing fleet expansion projects
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge and skills in using AutoCAD and other CAD design software, Project Management Software (MS Project), Proficient in MS Excel, generation of 2D and 3D engineering concept drawings
- Proficient in excel
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- At least 2 to 3 years’ relevant experience with a fleet/logistics component is highly recommended.
- Ability to work independently to move deliverables forward
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humor
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
To apply, please CLICK HERE to submit a cover letter and your resume/CV.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline for submission of application is 11th April, 2019.