Our Client is looking for a School Nurse.
Reporting to the Head of Administration, School Nurse will be responsible for the health and welfare for the children at the school.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for:
- Referring medical matters to the doctor’s/dentist’s surgery, or hospital.
- Dealing with medical emergencies as well as routine appointments.
- Monitoring health situation of students by developing adequate records.
- Escorting children, as required, to the surgery or hospital.
- Administering First Aid to the children, in emergencies.
- Ensuring good lines of communication with parents, regarding children’s medical needs and being empathetic towards children who require attending to.
- Ensuring that medication, equipment and dressings in the medical room, and all First Aid boxes, are in date, and restocked.
- Liaising with our nominated pharmacist regarding storage and administration of non-prescribed medicine.
- Taking part in the induction arrangements for new children joining the school, regarding their medical needs.
- Ensuring that appropriate child records are kept up to date and that they are stored securely.
- Administering the children’s medicine when necessary and advising parents if and when the children’s medications are out of date.
- Preparing medical information for staff, for school trips.
- Liaising with staff, as appropriate to share any health or medical concerns.
- Managing immunizations as required, on an annual basis.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing.
- 2 years’ experience in a busy environment.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Duly registered and licensed by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong report writing and record keeping ability.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak and understand a foreign will be an added advantage.
Terms: Two year service contract.
Start Date: 1st August 2019
Canvassing shall lead to disqualification.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and updated word document CV indicating clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for and current or Last gross pay salary. (School Nurse Post-Current/Last Gross pay XXXXXX)
Deadline: 29th April 2019
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.
Please DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.