Job Vacancy: Security Supervisor
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
Gross Salary: KES 60,000
Reports to: Security Coordinator
Job Purpose: The Purpose of the job is to support supervision of security activities within the organisation by managing asset, security processes working with internal and external sources on delivering excellent security services.
Key Results Areas
- Provide leadership and expertise in Intelligence
- Responsible for analysis of the intelligence gathered and creates communications at the appropriate level for management, location management, employees and department members as appropriate and communicates the information on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the collection and gathering of intelligence from internal sources and external sources using various intelligence solutions.
- Coordinating Security Operations of the Organisation
- Acts as the point of contact with security agents and law enforcement on matters affecting the Company that are criminal in nature
- Leads the determination of threats and plan of action for physical security of all employees, facilities, products, intellectual property and other assets to deter theft, fraud, product tampering, espionage, sabotage, workplace violence, vandalism and misconduct.
- Ensures training of employees and third party security guards.
- Evaluates the performance of third party security firms and implements continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensures the Key Control Record is up to date and locks changed as per procedure.
- Inspects daily security records, signs off and develops action plans to address gaps.
- Conducts security tours, clean desk policy walkthroughs, and reports the findings.
- The successful person will also be called upon to assist in emerging security operations within the country.
- Carry out investigations on various incidences
- Conduct investigations and ensure any culprits breaking the law to the detriment of the Company are arrested promptly following due process.
- Represents the Company on matters with the local police and security agencies.
- Reports matters of law breakage against the Company by staff or third parties.
- Secures and safeguards evidence in case of security incidences.
Key Job Requirements
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Holder of degree in Arts in Criminology and Security Studies , Forensic Science and Criminal Investigations , experience in a similar role, OR
- Undergone Kenya police, paramilitary or military training
- Incidence Command systems training
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in security operations, forensic work or related field
- Computer Savvy
- Clearance from Military/Police/GSU and a current Certificate of Good Conduct
- Membership to security professional body
- Access to country’s stakeholder security alerts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills allowing effective trust relationships
- Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Ability to produce timely, accurate, detailed and concise written and verbal reports and reviews.
- Engaging & Networking
- Leading and Inspiring Others
- Strong analytical skills in security risk management and business continuity planning
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th April 2019
Our Client embraces Equal Opportunity
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.