Position: Site Engineer
Industry: Real Estate, Architecture, Civil Engineering
Our Client, an Engineering Development Company incorporated in Kenya and UAE with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya is urgently looking to recruit an experienced Site Engineer to be part of their site management team. He/she will act as the day to day manager of the construction site, the main source of technical advice and quality control for anyone working on it.
The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants, client and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule, budget other matters by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the main technical adviser on the construction site for sub-contractors, craftspeople and operatives
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Ensure all materials used and work performed is per with the specifications and standards
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Communicate with clients and their representatives, including attending regular meetings and keeping them informed of project progress accompanied by well-prepared reports as required
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials, agree on a price making cost effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- Liaise with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by- laws
- Day to day management of the site including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the works of any sub-contractors
- Efficiently organize the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site while overseeing quality control and safety matters
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Practicing Licence/Certified by the Engineers Board of Kenya
- Must have 15 years of experience as a Site Engineer or relevant position on New-Building (commercial and industrial projects)
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in Structural Buildings
- Experience in Building Engineering Consulting a plus
- Hands on experience in building software’s
- Must have achieved expertise level in Construction, Building and Roads/ Water works
- Must be fluent in reading/ Interpreting the drawings without supervision
- Must be available for a full time job
- Must be willing and ready to be deployed for work purposes in Kenya and East African region at large
- Must understand construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Proficient in MS Projects and Excel
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 19th April 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.