Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client, a market leader in Hospitality Industry is urgently looking to hire organized and detail-oriented Storekeepers to assist in managing all of the operations in the storeroom and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accuracy between actual stock balance and record in the system
- Develop, Implement and enhance the stores structures and procedures
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
- Ensure prompt delivery and dispatch of food, beverages and equipment
- Improve flow of commodities through the stores.
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Prepare requisition documents for supplies and make orders
- Keep track of all delivered and dispatched items
- Establish the right stock levels for all the materials to avoid overstocking or under stocking
- Stocks all materials by the “First In, First Out” standard, in the proper place at all times in the Stores
- Maintain high level of neatness and orderliness in the stores
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the stores function
Key Competencies & Qualification
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping
- Experience in high volume food service establishment
- Food inventory experience
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
- Ability to efficiently handle work pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on 12th April 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.