Our client, a leading Pharmaceutical in East Africa, seeks to engage and hire a Supply Chain Manager responsible for leading the end to end Supply Chain Operations.
He/She will oversee product optimization, safety, sales and operational planning process effectiveness, customer service excellence, procurement strategy implementation, inventory optimization, inbound and outbound logistics control and distribution network management.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer with a dotted line to the Global Director of Supply Chain, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying and evaluating operational risks such as supply, quality, safety, environment, security and regulatory compliance;
- Maintaining and developing operations performance by implementing KPIs & continuous improvement systems;
- Lead the implementation & Optimization of Sourcing & Procurement Strategy for procurement and supply chain management;
- Leading the planning team through an efficient S&OP process internally and external to optimize inventory to meet business objectives;
- Develop, implement and improve business planning capabilities by understanding and challenging market demand;
- Optimizing procurement, Inter-Market Supplies (IMS) and replenishment plans accordingly to meet demand;
- Stock management, related infrastructure and goods transfer processes considering planning, quality demands, planned quantities and costs constraints;
- Oversee import & export operations including warehousing & distribution strategy and optimization of the Logistics footprint;
- Facilitate proper customer service principles and processes in customer lifecycle management and customer incentive and rebate management;
- Lead the supply chain team including KPI setting, performance review and appraisal as well as training and development of the team.
- Stakeholder Management;
- Commercial Acumen;
- Entrepreneurial Mind-set;
- Strategic Leadership;
- People Management & Development;
- Negotiation Skills;
- Operational Excellence.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business related field;
- A member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management; Professional certification in Purchasing & Supply will be an added advantage
- 5 – 7 years relative work experience in Supply Chain with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role. Experience in FMCG or retail Sector will be preferred;
- Experience building, managing and running supply chain teams;
- In-depth understanding of import and export in Kenya;
- Experience in Logistics and warehousing management.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm 3rd May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted