Vacant Position: Digital Printer Technician / Operator
Vivo Activewear prides in inspiring women to look and feel great. It is a place to explore potential, eliminate boundaries and push out the edges of what we can be. The company seeks to nature talent, grow and bring dreams to fruition.
Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding performance. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries to bring skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving Fashion Industry.
About the Position: The printer Technician will be responsible for Setting up jobs in print templates, monitor production for quality and accuracy in accordance with SOP and quality procedures and print all jobs in an efficient manner
Roles and Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates digital printers and all other production equipment in accordance with SOP instructions
- Meet a daily quota of amount or required printed jobs/set up.
- Ensure Quality Control of all jobs setup & printed
- Plan well to ensure optimum optimization of the printer with adequate supply of printed fabric to the production department on a daily basis.
- Change media on printer effectively as needed.
- Clean & maintain printer and working area.
- Report production numbers to supervisors daily.
- Produces printed products using various digital print technologies.
- Locates, validates and uploads production files.
- Reads information from work tickets/spec sheets, acquires needed materials, loads equipment with product and print files.
- Monitors stock within production area and initiate timely requests for replenishment.
- Accountable for daily care and maintenance of equipment as directed or provided by the equipment manufacturer.
- Assists in other areas of the production environment.
- Maintain the highest level of publishing confidentiality.
- Strong technical know-how on printer operation.
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Team working skills
- A methodical and logical approach
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- General computer knowledge
- Experience working with Adobe Illustrator
- Must be able to stand/walk to monitor input and output of equipment and perform the essential functions of the job for a minimum of 8 hours
- Operates with a SAFE working aptitude
- Diploma in ICT and Hardware Maintenance
- Printer Specialist Qualification an added advantage.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve computer and printing issues
How to Apply
Please indicate your salary expectation on the subject line.
Applications that do not include the salary expectation will NOT be considered.
If you believe you are the right person for the position and would like to be a part of our Team, kindly send a detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2019.
The subject of your email should be “Digital Printer Technician – (Expected Salary)”
We would love to respond to all your applications but due to a large number of applications received for advertised positions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.