Well Told Story (WTS) is a thriving, socially-oriented media research and production company based in Kenya and Tanzania and is primarily focused on the positive transformation of young people in Africa. Since our establishment in 2009, WTS has developed and produced a set of interlinked and evolving media reaching more than half of Kenyans aged 15-24 and winning multiple International awards.
We are seeking to recruit a Junior Backend Developer to join our Digital team working on cutting edge youth focused products.
Based in our Kenya office the role will be responsible for creating, maintaining and optimizing source codes as well as design and develop new feature for well told story projects.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution;
- Build robust and scalable API and backend solutions on Azure;
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability;
- Implementation of security and data protection policies; and
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- At least one-year recent hands-on experience in coding and software design using .NET stack (C# Language, .NET Core, .NET Framework) on Azure cloud infrastructure.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Experience creating restful API’s, setting up continuous integration and deployment and proper documentation.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications with an inspiring Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Jobs@welltoldstory.com on or before 19 April 2019.
The email subject line must clearly show the job you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that WTS does not charge fees for any stage of the recruitment.