Well Told Story (WTS) is a thriving, socially-oriented media research and production company based in Kenya and Tanzania and is primarily focused on the positive transformation of young people in Africa. Since our establishment in 2009, WTS has developed and produced a set of interlinked and evolving media reaching more than half of Kenyans aged 15-24 and winning multiple International awards.
We are seeking to recruit a Junior Frontend Developer to join our Digital team working on cutting edge youth focused products.
Based in our Kenya office the role will be responsible for combining the art of design with the art of programming.
The role will involve translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Conduct developer white and black box testing as well as user acceptance testing with the customer, to ensure that the solution meets the expectation of the users and is hence accepted;
- Working with Designers, UX and Back End Engineers to ensure that applications are built with clean, beautiful and intuitive interfaces;
- Work closely with design, product management and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces across multiple devices;
- Turning UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating awesome interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules and maintainability of the code;
- Writing clean and tested front end code; and
- Implement UI development principles to ensure that the product client-side serves at scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Agile process management JIRA/VSTS and proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications with an inspiring Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Jobs@welltoldstory.com on or before 19 April 2019.
The email subject line must clearly show the job you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that WTS does not charge fees for any stage of the recruitment.