Job Title: Circulation Manager
Job Ref: 2019/B2A/001
Yakuti is a faith-based magazine that seeks to inspire the African woman with wholesome content. We are seeking a circulation manager to assist in getting the magazine to our desired audience as efficiently as possible.
We offer our employees:
- An innovative and team-oriented work environment
- Flex-time, office choice in one of two locations, and online/work-at-home options
- A competitive salary
- Paid and ongoing training, where necessary, for self-improvement
- All benefits stipulated in the Employment Act
The Circulation Manager’s role includes:
- Continued implementation and monitoring of current circulation plan;
- Reviewing mailing and subscription lists;
- Analyzing customer responses and subsequently adjusting circulation strategies;
- Negotiating distribution terms with distributors;
- Identifying potential subscriber, distributor and sales opportunities;
- Providing timely responses to customer queries or swiftly referring customers to appropriate team members;
- Creating promotional inserts to encourage subscription;
- Performing field audits at designated distribution points;
- Preparing weekly sales and field audit reports for management;
- Supporting marketing initiatives, including promotion and email offers;
- Assisting in circulation budget preparation and expense management activities for cost-effective efficiency;
- Developing strategies to meet revenue goals;
- Liaising with printers, as required, to ensure timely publication;
- Working with domestic and overseas fulfillment services.
The qualifying candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in circulation at an African publication;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience negotating contracts;
- Strong PC skills, including Word and Excel;
The following skills are recommended for the Circulation Manager’s convenience and comfort:
- A sense of humor;
- The ability to innovate and self-start;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail.
Supervision: This position receives direction from the Publisher.
Apply latest April 25 by sending ONLY your CV, cover letter, and two stamped and signed recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please place job title and reference number in subject line.