Yali East Africa
Exciting Career Opportunity: Chief of Party
On July 28, 2014, the United States Government announced the creation of four Regional Leadership Centers (RLCs) in Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, and South Africa as part of the Young African Leaders initiative (YALI).
Since 2015, these Centers have improved the availability and quality of leadership training programs and professional development opportunities for young African leaders. The Centers focus on engaging young leaders from a wide range of organizations and backgrounds and with a diversity of experiences.
YALI East Africa is seeking to recruit a results driven and highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail, to fill the exciting and challenging position of Chief of Party (COP) based In Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the Program Director, the COP will be responsible for the overall programmatic and financial oversight of the YALI East Africa Regional Leadership Center, will ensure timely
delivery of quality deliverables committed in the program and drive the sustainability agenda. The COP position will evolve into a Managing Director position and will report to the Board of Directors.
- Providing the vision, strategic leadership and management oversight for the entire program as well as overall supervision, administration and implementation of the currently running cooperative agreement;
- Development and implementation of YALI EA RLCs long-term sustainability agenda;
- Leading and managing the program and team, so as to effectively and efficiently Implement the program strategy/work plan;
- Leading and facilitating the development, review, approval and implementation of the annual work plan and enforce compliance to the agreed plans;
- Reviewing and approving project documentation for dissemination and ensuring program quality according to international, USAID and Deloitte standards;
- Maintaining excellent client relationships and partnerships with USAID, public sector partners, private sector partners, NGOs other entities involved ¡n the fulfilment of the
- Ensuring that the monitoring and evaluation framework and support units enhance the achievement of the program goals and results; and
- Completing all performance management activities including performance planning, monitoring, coaching and mentoring, and performance appraisals.
- A degree in a relevant field such as education, management, entrepreneurship and NGO operations. A post graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with demonstrated accomplishments and at least 5 years of senior level experience in managing or supervising others preferably in East Africa or sub-Saharan Africa;
- Must have excellent leadership, organizational and managerial skills, with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines;
- Must have experience leading an effort of similar complexity and scale. Ideally, though not required, in an education environment;
- Proven fund raising capabilities; and
- Experience as Chief of Party on an USAID project is a plus.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please access the posted job here:
Closing date: Thursday 25 April 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted