We are looking to hire an accounts assistant whose role will be to support the accounting department by performing clerical tasks, including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fielding communications with clients and vendors, fact checking, filing, and other duties.
Main purpose of the job
- Providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensuring all payments amounts & records are accurate.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Review employee expenses and make reimbursements
- Make bank deposits and keep up records
- Track expenses as they relate to specific projects and jobs
- Process employee wages and expense claims.
- Prepare balance sheets and profit and loss statements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance or a related business field
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA-2) and be a member of ICPAK
- At least 3 years relevant working experience
- A team player with excellent communication skills, Attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- High standards of ethics and values
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 21st May 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.