The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network. The Hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world. Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa has been providing high quality care services in the Coast Region of Kenya for over 70 years.
The Hospital wishes to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:
Internal Auditor – Re Advert
Reporting to the Regional Internal Auditor, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out independent assessments of the internal control systems, review adequacy, effectiveness and adherence to policies and procedures, and access risk management in the institution.
- Position the internal audit department as a strategic partner for the organization providing audit and consultancy services as deemed appropriate.
- Work closely with Senior Management for safeguard of institutional assets and for strengthening of controls.
- Development of the annual risk-based audit plan in line with Hospital requirements in liaison with Regional Internal Auditor and the Board Audit Committee.
- Implement the approved annual plan using best practice tools for efficiency and effectiveness, being cognizant of changing priorities and urgent assignments that may arise during the year.
- Develop assignment reports presenting conclusions, findings and recommendations for mitigating risk and strengthening controls. Identification of opportunities to add value through improved business efficiencies and effectiveness
- Monitor and pursue implementation of recommendations – this may require discussions with management and facilitation.
- Preparation of quarterly reports and such other reports as are required from time to time.
- Support the external audit processes – these include audits by the statutory auditors as well as audits by the Network Auditors, The Aga Khan Grants and Review Board.
- Supervise and guide staff within the department.
- Participation and contributing at management and board meetings.
- Continually upgrade skills to remain abreast with developments in auditing. This may require you to attend workshops/conferences and meetings during and after office hours.
- Periodically reviewing the internal control framework and compliance with statutory regulations
Required qualifications, attributes and experience;
- Bachelors of Commerce Degree (Accounting/Finance) or related from a recognized institution
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK
- Over Six years of experience in audit or internal risk management
- Internal Audit Certification (CIA), Information Systems Audit Certification (CISA), ACCA will be an added advantage
- Sound commercial knowledge of Hospital operations and processes will be an added advantage
- Familiar with integrated accounting systems
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting applications is on 18th May, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”