The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a local NGO providing comprehensive rehabilitation services with the aim of empowering persons with different abilities.
APDK Nairobi Branch, seeks to fill the following vacancy: Orthopaedic Technologist In-Charge.
- Coordinating Clinical Assessment, planning, formulating and implementing patient’s management plan.
- Provision of orthopaedic technology therapy services to children with different disabilities( Neuro-developmental, hand malformation, sensory integration deficits and many others which entails designing, fabrication, fitting and maintenance of orthopaedic appliances that are required by the individual clients.
- Maintaining information, records and data relating to patients.
- Follow up of clients to enhance compliance on usage of the mobility and assistive devices.
- Preparing periodic reports.
- Coordinate all technical and clerical work related to the performance of orthopaedic functions
- Allocate and Review the work of Orthopaedic technologist and Technicians
- Train and/or direct technicians in the performance of new orthopaedic procedures
- Training parents, caregivers and patients on home programme (Mobility and assistive device usage and maintenance.
- Work hand in hand with occupational therapists and physiotherapists in management of children with disability.
- Documentation of client’s progress and monthly/weekly reports.
- Ensure patient demands are met and deadlines are kept to ensure continued provision of services.
- Possess Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology from Kenya Medical Training College or any other relevant institution
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in coordinating and providing technical support to Orthopaedic services
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment on disability issues and readiness to work with persons with disabilities across board.
- Have the ability to work for long and odd hours under minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate and ability to work independently
- Experience with donor funded projects and reporting
- Be registered with NAOT
- Available to begin immediately
Qualified persons with physical challenges are encouraged to apply
Applications should be send in Hard copy together with a CV including current contacts of three references (one of whom should be the immediate supervisor), copies of relevant certificates and testimonials and current / last and expected remuneration to be submitted on or before 28th May 2019.
The Recruitment Committee
APDK – Nairobi Branch
Westlands Waiyaki Way
Opposite Oil Libya
Box 46747, 00100