The Association of Professional Societies in East Africa (APSEA) is the joint forum and umbrella body of professional associations and societies in East Africa representing a corporate membership of twenty eight (28) professional associations.
Membership is drawn from diverse professional disciplines that include accounting and finance, law, public and corporate administration, surveying, valuation, medicine, engineering, geology, architecture, veterinary science, planning, food science & technology and procurement among many others.
The corporate member associations have an estimated membership of over 100,000 individual professionals in Kenya alone.
APSEA is seeking to recruit a qualified, innovative, energetic and capable individual to serve as the Executive Officer to provide leadership in the implementation of APSEA strategic objectives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Fundraising through identification of suitable projects and proposal writing and other means of mobilizing necessary resources to support the Association’s objectives and goals, to ensure sustainability of its activities.
2. Ensure the development of and adherence to the Association’s policies, organizational procedures and regulations.
3. In charge of the implementation and operationalization of the Association’s strategic plan
4. Conceptualize and propose appropriate strategies to respond to emerging issues for the Association.
5. Ensure that implementation of the Association’s programs is efficient and effective, and that budgeting and financial reporting is accurate, comprehensive, and reflects international standards.
6. Support the various Committees of the Association and ensure that these committees are effectively serviced and accurately briefed on all aspects of the Secretariat’s work.
7. Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system and ensure that all programs are strategically coordinated and that lesson learning is embedded into the Association’s culture.
8. Ensure that the Association maintains an active role in both local and international professional associations’ fraternity and promotes professionalism and the public interest.
9. Develop and sustain external collaborative relationships with corporate members, governments, development partners, the private sector, representatives from the civil society, and others.
10. To operationalize the APSEA consultancy Company Ltd a subsidiary of APSEA.
11. Be the head of the APSEA Secretariat, act as the Administrator and be in charge of APSEA programmes.
12. Be the Administrator of the Professional Centre, a building wholly owned by APSEA. The responsibility will involve hiring space to clients and tenants, accounting for the finance and overall maintenance of the building.
13. Be an individual of highest standards and personal integrity and be willing to undergo thorough vetting.
Qualifications and Skills
1. A post graduate degree in any of the following fields
i. social sciences,
iii. project planning
iv. finance or related field
2. At least 5 years experience managing or working in a reputable not-for-profit organization, an international agency or any other reputable organization, preferably at a senior level.
3. Proven leadership skills.
4. Proven experience in proposal writing and fundraising.
5. Proven experience in managing and accounting for finances.
6. Experience working in East Africa will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should forward their applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, and reliable contacts of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the immediate supervisor to email@example.com.
The applications should be received by APSEA on June 4th 2019.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary.
The applications should be addressed to the
Association of Professional Societies in East Africa,
No. 3 Parliament Road,
P.O. Box 72643-00200,