African Trade Insurance Agency
Chief Risk Officer
Established by African States with the technical and financial support from the World Bank Group and, with a further support by the African Development Bank, the African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) is a multilateral development institution dedicated to providing insurance, co-insurance, reinsurance and other financial services to foster trade with and investments into its African Member States for the purposes of promoting trade, investment and other productive activities in Africa.
Since inception, ATI has supported US$42 billion in trade and investments across Africa. ATI’s membership includes African Member States as well as a number of corporate and institutional shareholders, ATI was awarded a stable long term A’ rating by Standard & Poor’s since 2008, which was a re-affirmed as such in August 2018. ATI has now firmly established itself as Africa’s
primary trade and investment insurer.
Due to the growth and success of ATI, the Agency now wishes to appoint a Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
This is a new appointment and a direct report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
He/she will be expected to work closely with Senior Management and the ATI Board of Directors.
Ideal candidates will have CRO experience and/ or have managed risk across an enterprise or division, preferably in the insurance industry.
He/she will bring strong technical expertise coupled with the leadership and excellent stakeholder skills.
The CRO must be a commercial partner able to balance this with appropriate challenge and independence.
This represents a unique opportunity to join a leading development agency in a new and exciting role that will play a key role in ensuring sustainable growth for the Agency.
A full role description is available on the ATI website: www.ati-aca.org
How to Apply:
1. Submit an application letter, in an electronic form, to the Chief Executive Officer accompanied by a curriculum vitae, a personal history form, details of your current remuneration package and three references to:
Kenya Re Towers,
5th Floor, Upperhill (off Ragati Road),
P.O. Box 10620—00100, GPO,
2. Please note that KornFerry Ltd has been exclusively retained to handle this recruitment.
Candidates are required to submit an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to Philippe.Weber@KornFerry.com
3. Candidates must fill out ATI’s Personal History Form which should be obtained at ATI’s web-site (www.ati-aca.org)
4. The closing date for application is 12.00 a.m. on 7 June 2019.
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.