Lecturer – Automotive Engineering
WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year long educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as lifechanging experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE College wishes to introduce Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
We are looking for a Lecturer in Automotive Engineering (2 posts).
The positions will be based in Narok County, Kenya
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lecture planning, preparation and research
- Teaching and evaluating relevant subjects in the students’ discipline areas
- Consistently checking and assessing students’ work
- Proactively organizing extra-curricular activities in the college
- Assessing students and proactively developing links with industries for student vocational opportunities
- Setting, moderating and invigilating examinations
- Familiarity and experience on relevant technical design software
- Keep the students abreast with new developments in the automotive industry
- Assessing students on industrial attachment
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the related fields or a Higher Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Over three years teaching experience as a Lecturer and over five years industry experience in the Automotive industry
- Experience supervising college students to completion at least thrice
- Experience of engineering design and development
- Ability to show merit and skill as reflected in previous work performance and results
WE are delighted to have you join our journey to bring about change in the world.
WE are proud and excited to have you as part of our team!
WE sincerely thank all those who will apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and resume (indicating your current salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14th June 2019.
For more details on the organization visit: www.we.org