Job Vacancy: Finance Manager – Somalia
We are looking to recruit a finance manage in our organization who will oversee the running of the financial department as a whole.
The ideal candidate should have previously worked as a financial manager in a banking institution.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee operations of the finance department set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met by employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company and conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans and manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Manage a team of financial analysts who develop financial and valuation models, materials, and recommendations by conducting comprehensive financial analyses and utilizing appropriate valuation methods executive decision-making
- Coordinate strategic financial plan process for both the client and corporate, including expenses, income, insurance coverage, objectives, tax status, risk tolerance, or other elements to build a strategy
- Focus on all daily and month-end accounting procedures for the account results, including P&L activity (management fees, fee splits, gross-up entries, etc.), balance sheet activity (deferrals, accruals); accounts receivable /cash application
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager in a bank or a financial institution.
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification in CPA will be considered a plus
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
Interested candidates are to send their CVs by sending their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th June 2019