Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions.
They are seeking to hire an experienced Business Development Officer to implement the corporate sales strategy within the assigned markets in line with the overall business strategy in order to achieve the company sales target, growth and profitability.
Gross Salary: 60k – 70k
- Prepare monthly sales targets split per target prospective clients for each product for monitoring and review with line manager.
- Ensure the corporate sales targets are achieved as per the budget numbers and forecast aligned with the overall company budget and forecast numbers.
- Plan and execute structured customer visits to ensure pitching for new business as per the projected pipeline sales with clear objectives and progress reports.
- To facilitate onboarding of new clients and provide continuous support throughout the process in order to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Customer Relationship Management by managing and developing alliances with the existing customer base within the assigned markets to enhance the achievement of sales and profitability objectives.
- Monitoring and reporting of market trends and conditions, competitor activities, products, prices and developments. Prepare and provide relevant reports and information based on the two to guide management decision making.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely weekly / monthly / quarterly sales reports to the manager to facilitate a comprehensive sales performance review and proper planning for the various segments.
- Participate and represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and promotions in order to attract new customers, promote our brand and enhance customers’ awareness of the company’s product range.
- Implement a collection plan geared towards ensuring collection targets are achieved and cash flow levels are maximized. Ensure the territory AR is at zero (100% collection)
- Conduct periodic product training for both existing and potential customers to enhance both our brand awareness and product knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Economics, Sales and Marketing or any relevant field
- Advanced Diploma in sales and marketing or a professional certification in sales and marketing.
- Membership in a professional body.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role in manufacturing/FMCG
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze economic environments and business opportunities in a systematic and detailed manner
- Knowledge of changing market forces and corporate sales.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Personal ownership and accountability
- Energized, positive, passionate and confident.
- Flexible – Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which include evenings, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Business Development Officer – FMCG) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7th June 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted