Our Client, a well capitalized technology and solutions provider specific to the insurance sector seeks to recruit a Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
As part of an executive management team, the CFO will have interaction with various members of a company, both senior and junior.
They are seeking an experience and entrepreneurial individual, able to operate within a fast paced and sometimes rapidly evolving environment.
CFO is a senior role; hence a high level of energy and expertise is expected for anyone applying for this role.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Leading and managing the Company’s annual audit
- Leading any capital raising efforts, and managing relationships with the Company’s financiers and bankers
- Managing the Company’s cash flows and ensuring the business has sufficient visibility on cash needs and sources; ensure the Company has adequate cash resources to meet its needs at all times
- Instituting and ensuring compliance with internal controls and procedures
- Ensuring full compliance with all regulatory filings, including tax compliance
- Supporting the CEO in negotiation and management of all supplier contracts and agreements
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- An MBA or CPA is required.
- 3 years or more experience in the finance services industry and managing a team is desirable – with examples of when you have demonstrated excellence in the workplace.
- Exhibit a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to engage with staff and customer at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgment.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with CFO-IT on the Subject line.
Candidates should also indicate their current and Expected remuneration