Our Client, a leading Retail Clothing Manufacturer in Kenya seeks to recruit a Marketing Manager.
As the Brand, Marketing & Social Media Team Leader, you will lead all marketing functions, helping to build, shape and enhance all key strategic decisions for the brand, and drive strong business results.
You will be responsible for delivering integrated marketing programmes across Company’s various channels (digital & brick-and-mortar), driving awareness, new customer acquisition, retention and loyalty, brand equity, engagement and revenue generation.
You will be tasked with handling the company’s image through marketing campaigns, visual identity, compelling messaging and thoughtful partnerships. You will also oversee the marketing aspects of new product offerings & store openings and will work with staff across the company to ensure that they fully understand the brand image.
You will need to be an enthusiastic multi-tasker with attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication and an ability to build relationships across internal and external teams.
Reporting to: CEO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Brand Positioning & Voice
- Develop objectives, core messaging, creative concepts and metrics for our brand communication plan
- Test progressive and innovative ideas to position the brand
- Develop, execute and analyze Company’s marketing strategy and annual/seasonal/monthly marketing plans, including promotions and acquisition campaigns across primarily digital media (but including other) channels, with clear deliverables, timelines, and execution tactics
- Develop original campaign concepts that will help generate revenue, buzz, and love for the Vivo brand
- Develop online marketing strategies to drive qualified traffic to retail stores
- Plan, develop and execute Company’s content strategy across our platforms (internal and external) including web, newsletter, mobile, social communication channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Manage content calendars, reporting, and optimizations across all social platforms.
- Expand the fan base across the Company’s social channels by attracting new followers and transforming current followers into loyal brand advocates
- Drive community engagement through company social media and other channels
- Devise unique and creative social media campaigns to drive value while aligning with the brand voice
- Manage budgets and allocation of funds across social channels while closely monitoring and driving return on investment
- Create strategies to test new social channels and product features where relevant
- Create and share hindsight Social Media reporting, articulating insights, trends & key learnings
- Continuously stay abreast of new and emerging social medial trends; actively share new insights and apply to strategic initiatives
- Manage, coach and lead a team of direct reports.
- Build trust and maintain strong relationships with internal cross-functional partners including design, merchandising, sales & customer experience teams.
- Work collaboratively to ensure goals are aligned and to ensure Company’s marketing strategy is always closely linked to product.
- Work closely with the E-Commerce team to drive website traffic & achieve a targeted ROI for all advertising spend.
- Seek, manage and grow mutually beneficial relationships with key external partners including influencers, fashion bloggers, media, and other relevant, brand-elevating properties.
- Develop partnerships with like-minded and complimentary brands to drive customer acquisition while engaging our target community.
Data / Insights
- Establish, track and report on key metrics that align with and contribute to broader company goals.
- Partner with data analyst team to establish insights rigor, forming actionable, scalable strategies to grow the business
- Manage weekly, monthly, and annual marketing calendars, highlighting critical areas for collaboration with key stakeholders
- Manage project plans and deadlines to achieve all marketing objectives on time and within established budgets
- Manage Company’s annual marketing budget and creatively deploy resources to maximize our impact
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 5+ years of Marketing experience (Manager level), ideally in the fashion, consumer lifestyle, retail or hospitality industry
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (an MBA would be a plus)
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional or matrixed organization with a high degree of collaboration
- Excitement for learning, openness to new experiences and challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Analytic and quantitative skills balanced with creativity and passion, skilled at using data and metrics to provide actionable insights and problem-solve
- A driven self-starter, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Metrics/KPI-driven with razor-sharp focus, and the ability to ‘cut through noise’ to make sound and rapid commercial decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work both strategically and tactically
- Personable and flexible with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests
- Positive and team oriented, with a passion for coaching & growing talent
- A voracious appetite and passion for marketing & social media, with proficiency in relevant social channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube, as well as emerging channels
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Marketing Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates should also indicate their current and Expected remuneration