Exciting Career Opportunities in the Medical Field
Our client is a leading Hospital in Meru Town with the aim of providing quality, affordable and all-inclusive inpatient and outpatient treatment services to the satisfaction of their clients in line with best medical practices.
In order to improve their efficiency, expand their business portfolio and enhance service delivery, they are seeking to recruit a dynamic and results driven individual who is passionate about developing their skills and experience to fill the following position to be based in Meru Town:
Community Oral Health Officer (COHO)
Role Description: The position holder is responsible for the management and care of dental patients including clinical assessment and treatment in a professional and compassionate manner.
S/he will be responsible for performing routine dental procedures, proper patient examination and formulation of correct treatment plan.
- plan, organize, execute and coordinate oral health education according to the identified needs of the community
- Welcoming, comforting and draping patients
- Prepare treatment room for patients by following prescribed procedures and protocols
- Diagnose and treat common dental conditions and refer patients to a dentist for further review
- Review pre-operative settings and ensure that the dentist has what is required to carry out dental procedures
- analyze patients x-rays, evaluate medical history, perform oral examination and charting, cleaning of teeth and polishing
- Take, develop and mount radiographs required for corrective dental treatment
- perform dental procedures and minor surgeries including teeth cleaning, plaque removal, replacing missing teeth, filling in cavities, rebuilding broken teeth and removing severely damaged teeth ones in a safe and sterile environment while providing quality dental experience during the procedure
- Perform simple extractions, place fissure sealants, and apply topical fluorides and temporary filings
- Implement and adhere to infection prevention protocols including autoclaving instruments after use, cleaning the dental procedures space and storage of the clean instruments
- Screening patients, reviewing a patients oral health history and teaching appropriate brushing and flossing techniques
- maintain a record of day to day activities of the dental unit and prepare regular reports as needed
- Provide necessary help to the dentist including mixing materials, trimming and polishing dental casts
- Inventory management of the equipment and supplies at the dental unit including preparing orders as needed to avoid stock outs
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Diploma in Community Oral Health or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Association certificate from Oral Health Association of kenya(OHAK)
- Certificate of registration by Medical Practitioners & Dentists Board
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners & Dentists Board
- Computer literate
- at least 1 year practical attachment
- At least 1 year working experience
- copy of recommendation letter from MOH
- Certificate in computer Applications from a recognized institution
- Problem-solving and high-level decision-making skills
- Excellent Communication skills, including empathy and sensitivity
- Friendly and confident
- strong leadership and analytical skills
- Record keeping skills
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to: email@example.com
Please do not attach certificates.
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line.
Deadline of submitting applications is on 31st May, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.