Our client is a global management consulting firm.
The organisation has a digital department that brings together the best of its digital capabilities to enable its clients to leverage digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation.
The incumbent will typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm, to help its clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
You’ll work with our Advanced Analytics team in Nairobi Kenya. This global practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for prediction and prescription amongst others.
What you’ll do
You will focus on the development of Advanced Analytics models to optimize underlying business problems.
As a Data Scientist, you will shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, drive processes for extracting and using that data in creative ways, and create new lines of thinking within an infinite number of clients and situations.
You will create valuable, transformative business strategies through the measurement, manipulation, reporting, and dissemination of broad sets of data. You will apply and advise on state-of-the-art advanced analytic and quantitative tools and modeling techniques in order to derive business insights, solve complex business problems and improve decisions. You will review, support and advise on the day-to-day analytics requirements of clients’ key operational processes while continually improving the impact of these processes.
The Candidate Profile
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Maths, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
- 2 – 4 years of professional experience in programming; experience applied to business problems is a plus
- Programming (focus on Machine Learning): R and/or Python (must), SPSS, SAS, Ruby, Hadoop (valued)
- Data treatment/Data mining: SQL, AWK, Access, Spark, Excel (valued)
- Statistical knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English.
- Additional languages is a plus
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV) with details of relevant experience to email@example.com no later than 24th May 2019.
Applicants must include the title of the position (DATA SCIENTIST in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.