Deputy Head of Department, Clinical Medicine & Surgery
WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year long educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as lifechanging experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE College wishes to introduce Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery. We are looking for a Deputy Head of Department, Clinical Medicine & Surgery (1 post).
The position will be based in Narok County, Kenya
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Shall assist the HOD in overall training of clinical officer students in the department in accordance with the curriculum and approved policies
- Assessment of the progress of the students during their training, in consultation with the tutors and ward sisters
- Ensuring close collaboration with the teaching hospital especially in designing and implementing learning experiences and student assessment in the clinical area;
- Coordination of students’ activities, internal experience, and external experiences
- Ensuring that students get enough experience and exposure in all areas of their training
- Participating in preparation of department and faculty strategic plans
- Teaching and evaluation of diploma students
- Setting, moderating, administering, processing and marking examinations
- Participating in administrative, academic and consultancy activities in department
- Participating in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curricula in the department
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Medicine or a Higher Diploma in Medical Education
- Five years teaching experience as a lecturer in clinical medicine or surgery
- Ability to show merit and skill as reflected in previous work performance and results
- Registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable)
WE are delighted to have you join our journey to bring about change in the world.
WE are proud and excited to have you as part of our team!
WE sincerely thank all those who will apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and resume (indicating your current salary) to email@example.com on or before 14th June 2019.
For more details on the organization visit: www.we.org