Diakonie Emergency Aid — Regional Office Nairobi seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following position;
Program Coordinator — Southern Africa
Reporting to the Regional Programs Manager
Purpose of the position: Within the context of his/her assignment the holder of the position bears responsibility for the nurturing of relationships with DKH partners. On basis of the regional office program and its annual planning he/she works autonomously and comprehensively on his/her assigned portfolio, including dialoguing with partner organizations and the assessment of their capacities.
He/she provides his/her expert knowledge especially in the field of Relief and Rehabilitation, Disaster Risk Reduction, Cash Transfer Programing, MEAL to projects and partners and their local context, while observing the standards, binding principles and valid requirements, related to the strategic orientation to the framework and strategy of Eastern & Southern Africa Regional Office.
This position is based in Nairobi and requires frequent travel to Southern Africa (minimum 50% of working time will be in the field with implementing partners)
Task and Responsibilities:
- Project Management; of jointly defined project portfolio of partner organizations in Southern Africa.
- Communication; with respective partners about program implementation and management of the project.
- Accompaniment; of project partners, including, assessments, consulting, evaluating, and impact monitoring together with the regional management team.
- Networking; and cooperation with strategic, development and project partners in Eastern & Southern Africa including the ACT Alliance partners.
- Team working; in cooperation with implementations of activities of Eastern & Southern Africa Regional Office Management Team.
- BA Degree in development studies, social sciences, political science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Humanitarian Aid
- Good knowledge and practice of Program Management, MEAL and Capacity Building required
- Knowledge of Disaster Risk Reduction and Cash Transfer Programing will be a strong advantage
- Working knowledge of Portuguese and I or French will be an advantage.
- Portuguese Speakers will have a strong advantage.
To receive an application form, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include an application form, cover letter and a daytime telephone number.
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 07th June, 2019.
All applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.