Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is an international development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history. We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies, and to securing their right for a brighter future.
We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which make sure the youth of today are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives. With our headquarters in Hannover, Germany, DSW maintains four country offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, as well as liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels.
For more information, please see www.dsw.org.
DSW seeks to recruit a Finance Intern to be based in its Nairobi office for a short term contract of 6 months.
The programme is open to those who have completed their undergraduate studies and are looking to gain work experience.
The Position reports to the Finance Officer.
Areas of Responsibility includes:
1. Initiating Transactions.
2. Data entry and update of the ledgers.
3. Support in filing and tracing of documents.
4. Following up with persons to make returns on advances and helping Finance Team send reminders.
5. Verification of payment vouchers in accordance with the laid down policies and procedures.
6. Submission of all statutory deductions.
7. Cash reconciliation.
8. Assist in verification and maintenance of fixed assets records.
9. Any other tasks as may be directed by the supervisor.
1. University degree in Accounting or related fields. Any level of CPA will be an added advantage
2. Fluency in English and Swahili.
3. Excellent computer skills.
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter) with the reference “Finance Intern” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: May 19th, 2019.
Ideal start date: Immediate
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and applicants who have worked before will not be considered.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.