Vacant Position: Communications Intern
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of travel expeditions. In line with the company’s growth we seek to recruit a Communications Intern to undertake a 3 months intensive training with
a possibility of employment upon successful completion of the internship.
The selected candidate will be expected to be a team player, a creative thinker and a fast learner. They will also be expected to assume the communications tasks with great ownership and zeal and deliver optimum use of the digital platforms for enhanced leads generation efforts.
- Responsible for all leads generation initiatives
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, blogs, website content, weekly reports and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services
- Respond to media inquiries from clients on various platforms and direct them to the relevant persons
- Manage and regularly update the company’s website as well as maintain metrics for optimization related to SEO & Social Media platforms
- Design the various promotional materials to be used in the various sites to promote the brand.
- Work with the operations team in client’s management and ensuring on ground clients satisfaction.
- Work with the operations team to obtain photos, testimonials and blogs from program participants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
- Added advantage if from a tours and travel sector
- Minimum of 1-year relevant experience in a communication, PR or marketing role
- Proficiency in design and publishing software
- Good knowledge of digital marketing
- Strong editorial skills, with experience of editing content for digital publication and distribution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Photography skills will be an added advantage
If you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on http://www.electiveafrica.com/careers to apply by 5pm on Sunday 19th May, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted