Our client is currently seeking a Field based Lubricants Representative to join their Commercial & Retail Business team in Kenya.
The Field based Lubricants Representative position requires an increased focus on hunting for new business, while maintaining existing accounts. Identifying cross sell and up-sell opportunities should be second nature in this account management role.
Job Purpose: The successful candidate will manage installation process for new customer, handle mundane tasks related to new customer account set up, credit application forms processing, and customer portfolio transition from competitor products to companies Oils.
Ensure that deliveries are made on time and in full within customer promised timelines. Ensure that all sales made are accounted for through proper documentation (LPOs, Delivery notes, statements and invoices). Handle all routine operational issues as a customer interface person. Assist in debt collection and account management of existing account and to have a sales target.
Key Result Areas
- Manage mainly new customer installation process
- Plan customer calls and visits to provide the appropriate level of service to existing and new customers with a focus on retaining/expanding existing business relationships.
- Understand the activity, business and needs of customers, provide sound information and advice on products and services, and to sell and negotiate win-win solutions with customers.
- Plan, monitor and achieve individual and team sales targets (e.g. margin, growth, named customer CVP, and trade debtor target.)
- Develop, update, maintain, and communicate the Account Plan
- For new and existing customers, define and regularly review relevant customer relationship, behavioural and differentiated services banding and their sales & marketing plan.
- Review & plan customer business, products, service packages, contracts, prices, credit terms, credit limits and debt.
- Carry out negotiations with customers, preparing quotations and proposals and agree on all operational requirements (including: price, contract, payment terms and services).
- Ensure all service providers carry out the agreed terms.
- Be accountable for own development plan to continuously improve competencies
- Diploma or Degree in a technical/ Engineering/ Business or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years sales experience in front line sales role
- Good working knowledge of the customer’s operations, general trading terms, sales processes and documentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Valid driving License
- Very sound knowledge of the B2B customers in the Kenyan Market.
- Very sound knowledge of competitor products portfolio and in particular Understands key personal and team indicators e.g. KPIs, scorecards, objectives and targets (Sales volume, Market share,
- Indirect channel efficiency, Overall profitability and per unit profit).
- Demonstrates an awareness of competitor/non-conventional competitors, strengths and weaknesses and how to respond to these
Salary is based on your skills, experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.pm 15th May, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”