County Government of Garissa
County Public Service Board
Pursuant to the provisions of Article 235 of the Constitution and Sections 59(b) and 63 of County Governments Act, 2012, the Garissa County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position;
Medical Laboratory Technologist III
Advert No: GCPSB /11/2019
Job Group H
Permanent & Pensionable
- Diploma in medical laboratory science or its equivalent from a recognized medical institution.
- Registered with Kenya medical laboratory technician and technologist board
- Have a valid practicing license from Kenya medical laboratory technician and technologist board
- Have certificate in computer application skill from recognized institution.
- Have good knowledge of laboratory operation and / or procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Decontaminating working benches
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition form and specimens
- Preparing client for specimen collection
- Receiving ,collecting ,labeling and registration of specimen
- Prepare reagents, examining of specimen writing and recording of results.
- Dispatching the results for use in the clinical management
- Prepare stains
- Performing blood grouping, issuing blood and blood products to peripheral health care facilities.
- Storing blood products according to their requirement.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Applications are invited from eligible Kenyan Citizens, with the qualification, skills, professional membership and experience as outlined in the detailed job description available in the County Government of Garissa website.
The County Public Service Board is compliant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the statutory laws, committed to national values and principles of governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and adheres to the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
All applications should include a copy of National Identity Card/Passport, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and proof of professional registration.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent or submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left-hand side, the reference of position being applied for and addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 563-70100
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The County Public Service Board Office is located at the Urban Planning Offices (former Municipal Council) along Airstrip Road.
All applications should reach us on or before Friday May 17, 2019.
NB: Applicants are informed that these vacancies exists in the Sub-Counties and locations outside Garissa Town and shall apply knowing that they shall be posted to those stations without option of switching them later.
Garissa County is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages applications from women and persons with special needs.