County Government of Garissa
County Public Service Board
Pursuant to the provisions of Article 235 of the Constitution and Sections 59(b) and 63 of County Governments Act, 2012, the Garissa County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position;
Nutrition and Dietetics Technologist
Advert No: GCPSB /16/2019
Job Group H
Permanent & Pensionable
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Knowledge in the management of acute malnutrition and maternal, infant and young child nutrition protocols
- Must be registered with Kenya Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (KNDI).
- Conduct routine nutritional status assessment for all under-fives and pregnant and lactating women
- Carry-out nutritional counseling and education on nutritional related disorders
- Conduct micronutrients supplementation as per the standard protocols
- Participate in the periodic and annual nutritional assessments and surveys
- Enhance the skills of other officers through on-job training and mentorship
- Prepare monthly program reports and submit to the nutritionist in-charge
- Ensure accountability and safety of nutritional commodities and supplies
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Applications are invited from eligible Kenyan Citizens, with the qualification, skills, professional membership and experience as outlined in the detailed job description available in the County Government of Garissa website.
The County Public Service Board is compliant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the statutory laws, committed to national values and principles of governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and adheres to the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
All applications should include a copy of National Identity Card/Passport, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and proof of professional registration.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent or submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left-hand side, the reference of position being applied for and addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 563-70100
Email Address: email@example.com
The County Public Service Board Office is located at the Urban Planning Offices (former Municipal Council) along Airstrip Road.
All applications should reach us on or before Friday May 17, 2019.
NB: Applicants are informed that these vacancies exists in the Sub-Counties and locations outside Garissa Town and shall apply knowing that they shall be posted to those stations without option of switching them later.
Garissa County is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages applications from women and persons with special needs.