County Government of Garissa
County Public Service Board
Pursuant to the provisions of Article 235 of the Constitution and Sections 59(b) and 63 of County Governments Act, 2012, the Garissa County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position;
Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse
Advert No: GCPSB /3/2019
Job Group H
Permanent & Pensionable
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Must have a diploma in nursing from a recognized institution
- Must be registered with nursing council
- Must have a valid practice license
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Computer literate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing, planning nursing interventions and evaluating patient outcomes,
- Providing appropriate health care services including IMCI, PMTCT, and Antenatal care delivery.
- Referring patients and clients appropriately
- Facilitating patient admission and initiating discharge plans
- Ensure availability and safety of medical supplies in pharm and non-pharm.
- Maintain proper record medical equipment
- Conduct home visit, community diagnosis and develop appropriate strategies
- Providing health education and counseling to patients/communities on identified health need
- Conduct Defaulter tracing and follow up
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Applications are invited from eligible Kenyan Citizens, with the qualification, skills, professional membership and experience as outlined in the detailed job description available in the County Government of Garissa website.
The County Public Service Board is compliant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the statutory laws, committed to national values and principles of governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and adheres to the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
All applications should include a copy of National Identity Card/Passport, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and proof of professional registration.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent or submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left-hand side, the reference of position being applied for and addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 563-70100
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The County Public Service Board Office is located at the Urban Planning Offices (former Municipal Council) along Airstrip Road.
All applications should reach us on or before Friday May 17, 2019.
NB: Applicants are informed that these vacancies exists in the Sub-Counties and locations outside Garissa Town and shall apply knowing that they shall be posted to those stations without option of switching them later.
Garissa County is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages applications from women and persons with special needs.