County Government of Garissa
County Public Service Board
Pursuant to the provisions of Article 235 of the Constitution and Sections 59(b) and 63 of County Governments Act, 2012, the Garissa County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position;
Advert No: GCPSB /6/2019
Job Group L
Permanent & Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Theatre nurses provide high standards of skilled care and support during the perioperative’ journey;
- Assessing, planning, implementation nursing interventions and evaluating patients outcomes;
- Preoperative assessment of patients;
- receive, assess and deliver care on the patient’s arrival into the post anesthetic care unit;
- monitor the patient’s health and support them, providing appropriate care and treatment until the patient has recovered from the effects of the anesthesia and/or surgery and is stable;
- assess the patient in order to ensure they can be discharged back to a surgical ward area;
- Evaluate the care given during the perioperative phases (anesthetics, surgery, and recovery);
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must have a Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Nursing or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Must have an Advanced Diploma or a Higher Diploma in Theatre Nursing or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid Practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Must be a professional of high integrity, intelligence and energy;
- Must have good inter-personal and communication skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Applications are invited from eligible Kenyan Citizens, with the qualification, skills, professional membership and experience as outlined in the detailed job description available in the County Government of Garissa website.
The County Public Service Board is compliant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the statutory laws, committed to national values and principles of governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and adheres to the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
All applications should include a copy of National Identity Card/Passport, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and proof of professional registration.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent or submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left-hand side, the reference of position being applied for and addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 563-70100
Email Address: email@example.com
The County Public Service Board Office is located at the Urban Planning Offices (former Municipal Council) along Airstrip Road.
All applications should reach us on or before Friday May 17, 2019.
NB: Applicants are informed that this position is located within Garissa Town.
Garissa County is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages applications from women and persons with special needs.