Job Title: Head Landscaper and Gardener
Reports to: Estate Manager
Critical success factors Planned and well-maintained common areas in the estate, costs within budget, competent and productive team
Duties / Tasks:
- Work under the instruction of any external landscape consultant appointed by the estate
- Produce basic designs and layouts of garden landscapes
- Decide on which new seeds & saplings to plant and in which locations
- Plant new trees, flowers and various plants
- Establish and maintain a plant nursery and composting process
- Maintain and develop the gardens and road verges in the estate
- Ensure grass cutting, weed control and leaf raking in public areas to a preplanned schedule
- Ensure that all garden equipment is correctly maintained, stored securely and inventoried
- Maintain an inventory of all inputs to ensure minimal waste
- Seed plants and water them at the correct seasons and times
- Clearing rubbish and litter away from the garden and grounds
- Source the most cost-effective material, plants, trees and manure
- Supervise the work of garden staff on day to day basis including scheduling routine tasks for maintenance by preparation of garden work time table to optimise available manpower
- Schedule biannually and supervise brush clearing in undeveloped plots
- Ensure a safe working environment for everyone working in the garden
Experience / Skills
- Use of chemicals and pesticides
- Garden maintenance.
- Able to operate basic gardening machines i.e mowers and brush cutters
Qualifications & personal attributes
- Always courteous to other staff and residents.
- Able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules and legislation.
- Having a keen personal interest in gardening.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Physically in good shape and able to do manual labour
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 30th May 2019