Head of Department, Clinical Medicine & Surgery
WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year long educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as lifechanging experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE wishes to introduce Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery. We are looking for a Head of Department, Clinical Medicine & Surgery (1 post).
The position will be based in Narok County, Kenya
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Set and advance the academic strategy of the department in line with WE College’s strategic plans and direction
- Develop and sustain appropriate structures for management, consultation, decision making communication with staff and students
- Being a pillar as far as adherence to college regulations and procedures is concerned
- Develop new programmes to attract new students and expose the current students into the employment market
- Ensure WE College’s policies are implemented to all lecturers, students and support staff
- Appropriately manage staff performance in consistency with the management’s expectations
- Proactively source for collaborations and joint working that will be beneficial to the college, lecturers and students
- Manage, control and creatively expand the school of clinical medicine & surgery’s budget
- Oversee WE College’s equipment/facilities ensuring proper maintenance and servicing
- Ensure 100% departmental compliance with all necessary bodies
- MUST have a very strong academic record and standing
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- A MSC in any related discipline
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Medicine or a Higher Diploma in Medical Education
- Two years’ experience in a similar position
- Five years teaching experience as a Lecturer in clinical medicine or surgery
- Ability to show merit and skill as reflected in previous work performance and results
- Registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable)
WE are delighted to have you join our journey to bring about change in the world.
WE are proud and excited to have you as part of our team!
WE sincerely thank all those who will apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and resume (indicating your current salary) to email@example.com on or before 14th June 2019.
For more details on the organization visit: www.we.org