We are looking to hire a Healthy and Safety Officer in a manufacturing and construction industry whose role will be supporting the development of OHS policies and program, advising and instructing on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.) and conducting risk assessment and enforcing preventative measures.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Organization meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Coordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained
- Meeting company health and safety goals
- Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site
- Liaising with law enforcement and other investigators who are present at the time of a serious accident
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
Qualified candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before 10th June 2019 end of day.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.