Heifer International is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through viable agricultural enterprises.
Heifer International Kenya seeks to fill the position below to support its country programs:
Business Development Manager – Food for All Project
Based in Nairobi and reporting to the Project Coordinator, you will assume responsibility for the business development aspects of the Heifer Kenya component of the Food for All Project.
This is a five-year Euros 5,352,986 project funded by Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food Security Facility (FDOV) implemented in partnership with Solidaridad East and Central Expertise Centre, Meru Greens Horticulture, Soil Cares and the Horticultural Crops Development Authority in Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Makueni and Machakos in which Heifer International works to strengthen 5 dairy cooperatives and 10,000 dairy farmers.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Develop and implement dairy cooperatives business strengthening plans that integrates capacity assessment, business planning, governance, management systems and business skills development to grow profitable dairy cooperative businesses.
- Support the cooperatives to develop products, aggregation and distribution systems, business partnerships and financial linkages to grow their dairy sales and market share in dairy products.
- Develop and attract the necessary financing for investment plans through appropriate partnerships and linkages to unlock investments for the growth of the dairy cooperatives.
- Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Rural Development, Enterprise
- Development or other related field, plus five (5) years technical experience in agribusiness development projects.
- Strong business and innovation skills and demonstrated knowledge of the dairy value chain and experience working with dairy cooperatives.
To apply for the above position please visit www.heifer.org/careers
Closing date for all applications is 17th May 2019.