Heifer International is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through viable agricultural enterprises.
Heifer international Kenya seeks to fill the position below to support its country programs:
Project Coordinator – Accelerated Value Chain Development Project
Based in Kisumu and reporting to the Director of Programmes, you will assume responsibility for the management and coordination of the Heifer Kenya component of the Accelerated Value Chain Development Project.
This is the second two-year phase of the project funded by USAID and implemented in partnership with International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) in Kisumu, Siaya, Migori and Homabay and targeting work with at least 6 producer organisation cooperatives and 6,000 farmers.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Coordinate the annual budgeting, planning and reporting processes for the project including generating annual and quarterly budgets, work plans and progress reports.
- Develop and manage the delivery of a comprehensive capacity building programme to develop the 6 project target producer cooperatives into strong business entities through capacity building in business, strategic planning, governance and financial management.
- Coordinate the establishment of an effective extension system in each of the 6 dairy organizations that will deliver training and services to the 6,000 dairy farmers to increase dairy production and productivity.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Livestock Production, Animal Sciences,Veterinary Medicine, Rural Development or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ project management experience is essential preferably in the dairy sector.
To apply for the above position please visit www.heifer.org/careers
Closing date for all applications is 17th May 2019.