Exciting Career Opportunities in the Medical Field
Our client is a leading Hospital in Meru Town with the aim of providing quality, affordable and all-inclusive inpatient and outpatient treatment services to the satisfaction of their clients in line with best medical practices.
In order to improve their efficiency, expand their business portfolio and enhance service delivery, they are seeking to recruit a dynamic and results driven individual who is passionate about developing their skills and experience to fill the following position to be based in Meru Town:
Role Description: The job holder will be responsible for Providing financial information and support to the management by compiling and analyzing financial information including monthly and annual accounts and also ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports and Substantiating financial transactions by auditing documents.
S/he will be responsible for managing and overseeing the procurement department to ensure procurement procedures are followed.
- Perform general Accounting duties including Preparing monthly accounts statements, monthly bank reconciliations, payroll processing, processing payments for suppliers, consultants (Trainers, others), bills and updating the accounting system.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
supervise timely and correct processing of claims to ensuring cost containment and adherence to the hospitals policies while attending to all activities of the claims department in the processing of insurance claims to achieve prompt, efficient, equitable and accurate processing and settlement including but not limited to ensuring that claims notified are covered in terms of the Policy issued and that they are registered promptly, enter new claims on the hospital computer system Management Information System (MIS), in a timely manner, analyze claims supporting documents to establish liability, communicate with intermediaries and direct clients to obtain information necessary for processing of claims, Liaise with the underwriters, beneficiaries, departments and subsidiary offices to facilitate claims processing.
- Oversee debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances.
- Confirm supplier invoices entered in system Knowledge
- Processing and submissions of all statutory returns including as PAYE, VAT, NHIF, withholding Tax and all others that may be required from time to time.
- Maintain cheque payment summary and petty cash.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Procurement of goods and services including pre-qualification of suppliers.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the hospital management from time to time.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting or relevant qualifications
- CPA qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience in the Private, NGO or Public sector.
- Previous training experience in accounts including use of Excel, accounts software such as QuickBooks, Sage, ERPs.
- Experience in a hospital setting is an added advantage especially in the claims department.
- Must be able to deliver under strict deadlines and handle pressure effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills
- High integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time management skills
- Report writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be willing to work during odd hours and on weekends/holidays
- Committed to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to: email@example.com
Please do not attach certificates.
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line.
Deadline of submitting applications is on 31st May, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.