Job Title: Hospital Administrator
Reporting: Reporting to the Hospital Director, the job holder is responsible for providing efficient and effective administrative support to facilitate efficient provision of medical care in the Hospital.
Summary: To be successful in this role, you should have a deep understanding of all administrative hospital procedures, from creating work schedules and communicating with doctors to budgeting and maintaining supplies stock and maintaining employee records. You should understand healthcare regulations and be able to handle medical information discretely.
Responsibilities of a Hospital Administrator
- Acts as chief advisor to the hospital Director in development and implementation of Hospital’s programs, policies and procedures;
- Responsible for developing and directing the implementation of policies and programs in the Hospital;
- Ensure alignment of the Hospital Strategic Plan to achieve both long term and short-term goals
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Hospital by meeting with various departments and ensuring the staff, facilities, schedules and flow of work is optimally carried out
Budgeting and Procurement
- Participates in the budgeting of the Hospital activities with a view of achieving proper controls;
- Creating business strategies in line with the hospital budget to ensure viability of the hospital.
- In liaison with the Procurement officer review purchases requisitions, LPO and quotations for timely approval by the director to ensure timely Purchases of Medical and Other Consumables needed in the hospital;
Facility and equipment management
- In charge of the Transport, Maintenance, repairs and Bio-medical engineering Units;
- Ensures availability of transport (ambulances, utility vehicle) in the hospital;
- Upkeep of Hospital infrastructure, equipment, vehicles, legal documents and ensuring availability when required;
- Oversees accurate and timely management the hospital asset and inventory register;
Human Resource management
- Oversee the performance of all employees through a robust performance management system.
- Responsible for the supervision of all the hospital employees;
- Spearheads culture change to improve the Hospital image;
- Responsible for excellent upkeep of sanitation of hospital for a clean and amiable environment;
- Participates in staff recruitment process for the position approved by the director;
- Couching and guiding other employees on the hospital policies, rules, procedures and handling of disciplinary process
- Ensure proper documentation and safe custody of personal files and organisation documents
- Responsible for external and internal communication;
- Develops and ensures implementation of the service contract agreements for all hospital machines and equipment and other services etc;
- Secretary to the Hospital Management team and the Hospital Advisory Board or any other senior management committees;
- Ensures that, there is full compliance with the existing statutory requirements/ healthcare regulations and that all the necessary licenses are obtained in time;
- Ensure compliance with Health , safety and Environment within the facility and unsure compliance with the risk audits
- Resolve any conflicts that might arise from the Hospital operations;
- Promotes and maintains effective public relations with government, patients, relatives, suppliers, community and individuals;
- Ensure the hospital runs efficiently and delivers quality patient care.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management, Nursing with valid Kenyan practicing license where applicable, Business Administration, Finance/Accounts, Human Resource, Information and Communication Technology, Public Health or any other relevant field.
- Postgraduate diploma/degree in Healthcare Management, Hospital Administration, Hospital Planning, Public Health, Health Economics, will be an added advantage.
- Working experience of at least five (5) years at managerial level in a busy, reputable hospital
- Person of high integrity, confidentiality, highly organized and decisive.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Hospital Administrator before 31st May 2019 to Hr@optimsystems.co.ke or firstname.lastname@example.org