Exciting Career Opportunities in the Medical Field
Our client is a leading Hospital in Meru Town with the aim of providing quality, affordable and all-inclusive inpatient and outpatient treatment services to the satisfaction of their clients in line with best medical practices.
In order to improve their efficiency, expand their business portfolio and enhance service delivery, they are seeking to recruit a dynamic and results driven individual who is passionate about developing their skills and experience to fill the following position to be based in Meru Town:
Role Overview: The Human Resource &Admin Officer will be in charge of the human resource function and co-ordinate the operations and activities of the Administration unit. S/he shall be will be involved in every level of administration through all of the main HR disciplines (recruitment, training and employee relations).
Key Result Areas / Responsibilities
- Advising the management on matters related to human resource management;
- Implementation and interpretation of the approved human resource and administrative policies, procedures and standards;
- Documentation and management of all staff records and ensuring they are complete, accurate, securely well-kept and up to date;
- Co-ordinate staff recruitment & selection, orientation & placement to respective departments;
- Ensure staff conduct and discipline is maintained in all the departments /units and ensure fast conclusion of staff disciplinary cases in collaboration with the senior management and the Directors;
- Staff Payroll administration; preparation, adjustment, review and approving staff remuneration payments on monthly basis;
- Approving staff leave applications and payment of leave allowance;
- Assisting the management with administrative duties in the company;
- Human Resource Planning for all staff to ensure that they are optimally engaged;
- Conducting staff background checks and follow up to ensure receipt of responses to reference checks from referees of new hires before they fall due for confirmation.
- Prepare confirmation letters for staff due for confirmation after expiry of their probation period as well as those being confirmed into new appointments.
- Manage staff training & development through conducting staff training needs assessment and recommending relevant training for all staff;
- Staff Performance Management through implementation of the current performance management system and coordinating performance appraisals;
- In charge of staff motivation and ensure effective & efficient Communication among members of staff, staff Welfare and Safety & Health;
- Co-ordinate and advice the management on best available options when matters industrial relations issues arise;
- Promote a positive image of the hospital by promoting the ethos and values;
- Carry out any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should posses the following qualifications
- A university degree in Human Resource Management or a degree in Business Related field from a recognized university.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management /Advanced Certificate in Human Resource Management from KNEC, IHRM, KIM or ABE.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant HR experience with 1-2 years in Management.
- Must be a member of Institute of Human Resource Management ( IHRM )
Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate should have;
- Strong character -constantly reminding moral and ethical obligations to employees.
- Mediator: Playing the role of a peacemaker during disputes, conflicts between staff members.
- Problem Solver: Solving problems of overall human resource management and long-term organizational planning.
- Management of Manpower Resources: Broadly concerned with leadership both in the group and individual relationships and labour-management relations.
- Ability to formulate, implement and monitor HR Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience in performance management and reporting.
- Unquestionable Integrity and strong ethical standards.
- Confidentiality when dealing with sensitive personal information.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Must be willing to work during odd hours and on weekends/holidays
- Committed to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to: email@example.com
Please do not attach certificates.
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line.
Deadline of submitting applications is on 31st May, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.