Exciting Career Opportunities in the Medical Field
Our client is a leading Hospital in Meru Town with the aim of providing quality, affordable and all-inclusive inpatient and outpatient treatment services to the satisfaction of their clients in line with best medical practices.
In order to improve their efficiency, expand their business portfolio and enhance service delivery, they are seeking to recruit a dynamic and results driven individual who is passionate about developing their skills and experience to fill the following position to be based in Meru Town:
Role Description: The position holder will provide leadership to the Nursing function over and above providing professional nursing services.
- Directing nursing functions with operating policies and program standards to ensure full documentation and compliance within all regulatory requirements.
- Development, coordination, and execution of continuous evaluation of nursing service objectives, policies, and procedures to maintain continuity of quality nursing care.
- Leadership in the Nursing Division Quality Improvement activities, infection control and institutional quality assurance activities.
- Providing performance feedback and playing a key role in building the culture of accountability
- Audit of different areas of patient care to ensure exceptional hospitalal outcomes
- Periodic evaluation of job performance of the nursing staff to ensure superior customer experience to all internal and external clients
- Promote and restore patients’ health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by NNAK, NCK ,The nurses Act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintain continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the hospital management from time to time
Required qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
- 10 years of hospital working experience in a busy private practice set up
- Experience in the maternity department
- Excellent customer care and critical thinking skills
- BLS and ACLS certification will be an added advantage
- Should be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya and in possession of a valid practicing license (KRCHN)
- A results oriented person who is persistent and decisive;
- A good leader who takes own initiative
- Excellent people relation skills
- High levels of confidentiality
- Must be willing to work during odd hours and on weekends/holidays
- Committed to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attach certificates.
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line.
Deadline of submitting applications is on 31st May, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.