ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Radio Operator is responsible for operating the ICRC telecommunication equipment in monitoring the movement of the ICRC vehicles – cars, airplanes – to and from the field trip, and around Nairobi.
She/he facilitates telecommunication contacts between the ICRC sites, and people using radio, telephone and other monitoring tools.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain HF continuous communication with ICRC mobile stations and personnel in the field for locations, status, and security reports;
- Ensure that the laid down Radio communication procedures is strictly adhered to;
- Monitor Mobile Stations, ICRC Aircraft movement and Information Technology Local Area Network using the recommended monitoring tools;
- Assist in training of Radio Communication operations to users in the Delegation and the greater region when called upon;
- Conduct periodic equipment inspections and routine tests to ensure that operations standards are met;
- Attending to Telephone calls during the Night, public holidays, and other times in the absence of the Switchboard operators;
- Maintain the Regional Delegation’s weekend permanence.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Diploma in Radio Telephony and communication or any other related qualification;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar job from a reputable organisation;
- Qualified Air operations communicator;
- Basic skills in telecommunication troubleshooting;
- MUST be Computer Proficient.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 11th May 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Nairobi Delegation,
via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Human Resource Responsible must be stated in the application to be valid.
If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process.
May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.