The ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Trainer / Learning Facilitator for the ICRC’S In-House Humanitarian Leadership and Management School (HLMS)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. The ICRC Learning and Development Regional Unit in Nairobi covers staff member learning needs in Africa.
The trainer / learning facilitator is an active member of the ICRC’s global Humanitarian Leadership and Management School (HLMS) team, based in Nairobi.
S/he facilitates HLMS Modules and contributes to the design and modification of the learning content.
The HLMS trainer / learning facilitator actively supports and assists participants from ICRC representations in Africa and elsewhere in their leadership learning process via reflective practice and learning, aiming to root adapted behaviours within their working environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- S/he initiates and animates online discussions amongst cohort members of each Module on the HLMS platform;
- Delivers and co-facilitates course content of HLMS Modules 1 and 2 in the ICRC LnD Regional Units in Nairobi, Dakar, Bangkok and Amman;
- Facilitates group work, discussions, exercises and reflection of the cohorts around any of the topics within a Module and around the key messages of each session;
- Guides participants through the process of integrating relevant learning highlights within their working situation;
- Shares significant learning outcomes and lessons learnt with other HLMS team members;
- Engages in constant and proactive updating and modification of the sessions;
- Actively participates in the HLMS Global meetings and other fora.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- University degree (preferably Master’s) in leadership, adult education, or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in learning and development as a trainer/facilitator;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in managing and leading teams or programs, coaching and/or HR functions;
- Experience in leadership and management development design;
- Competence in training design and delivery.
- Fluency in French would be a definite advantage.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 24 May 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Nairobi Delegation,
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Humanitarian Leadership and Management Facilitator must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required certificate & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.