Our client is one of the leading paint manufacturers and seeks to recruit an experienced professional in the position of Interior Design and Dealer Manager.
The ideal candidate is the one with experience in paint or construction industry and with solid expertise in the area of interior design or closely related field.
Salary: Ksh 80,000 – 180,000 (depending on applicable experience)
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Job Purpose: Responsible for overall management, administration and coordination of all activities pertaining to recruitment of painters and dealers, selection, training, motivating, supervising, collection, target achievements, statutory & financial issues, profitability and complaint resolution.
Duties and responsibilities
Incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Initial Job Responsibility: Identifying qualified Painters, taking them on board as per our T&C, signing off agreements with Painters, Dealers and maintaining the record, supervise the Team’s activity as agreed, preparing scripts for call centre keep reviewing the same every 3 months, keeping a track if the process as laid down is followed completely by the Team.
- Overall Job Responsibility: Responsible for overall management and operations, administration and co-ordination of the painters and dealers. It starts from customer inquiries, understanding customer needs, providing accurate measurement of painting areas with the help of professional measurer, guiding customers to select appropriate product in-line with budget, providing suitable color schemes and appropriate solutions, providing quotation, coordinating with call centre, coordinating with Painters, collection of payment in advance from customers, strict supervision on site, Preparing Customers’ file from starting of Job to end with testimonials, Issuing warranty certificate, Profitability calculation of each job, updates on ‘What’s app group’ on each assignment, and submission of weekly and monthly reports to HOD.
- Co-ordination: High level of coordination is required with Painters, Measurers, Site Supervisors, Dealers, Customers, Call Centre, and other cross functional departments like Purchase, Credit Control, Accounts, Marketing and ICT in the organization.
- Reports and Analysis: Need to provide a daily, weekly and monthly dashboards. Provide the projection and daily tracking against the same. Organize a monthly review with all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinates, supervises and assists in activities involving painters and dealers
- Ensure the sales target given every month is met
- Audit the site to ensure all content associated with the job is 100% accurate and compliant
- Assigns Painters to Painting Job as necessary by workload
- Obtains needed Paints and ancillary supplies and equipment to complete assigned tasks
- Performs administrative duties associated with work orders and scheduling staff to ensure projects are completed
- Communicates with staff to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Evaluates staff in accordance with established policy
- Ability to remain flexible and willing to change strategies as business needs dictate
- Tracking project progress and adhering to timeline
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or equivalent. A Post Graduate qualification in Sales & Marketing shall be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge & experience in Home Décor.
- Professionally qualified Interior Designer having proficiency in color consultancy is added advantage.
- Preferably from Paints/ Building Material Industry having 5-6 years of experience in execution of work.
- Skills like painting techniques expertise, leadership, supervisory skills, attention to details, and good communication abilities, presentation and Negotiation Skills are essential.
- Should have an ability to convert a lead into sales.
- Experienced in managing a team of contractors/painters/mason/electricians etc. to execute on site jobs.
- Must be experienced in planning & execution of work of any Painting job/project.
- Having experience in calculating the amount of material and time to require executing a job.
- He/she should be a troubleshooter whenever it is required.
- Must be technically sound to understand the paint execution business.
- Analytical thinking and potential to grow.
- Should be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Good communication skill
- Fluent in English & Kswahili
- Should be ok with field sales & supervision job
- Fair knowledge in computer
- The role will be based in Nairobi.
- Should be flexible in travelling within Kenya for work.
- Will be dealing with supervisors, Painters, Measurers, Dealers and anyone else related to the job.
How to Apply
Are you the type of person described here?
Do you possess necessary skills and experience?
Are you up to task?
If Yes, we would like to talk to you.
Send your application with your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us on or before 25th May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.