Jaffery Academy, Mombasa (JAM) is a welcoming friendly school with a vibrant learning space incorporating the latest technology to engage and inspire students.
The school provides high quality education from the ages of 3 to 18 and follows the UK Curriculum (IGCSE, AS & A Levels).
JAM is seeking to appoint an innovative and inspirational Art and Design Teacher who will be required to work in a fast paced environment.
Section: Senior school (Year 7 to year 13)
Reporting To: Head of senior school
Subject to be taught: Art and Design
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes that cater for the needs and development of the students according to age, ability and aptitude within their class.
- Prepare schemes of work and lesson plans according to the syllabus and translate them into learning experiences.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Plan, initiate and guide the units of study in respective subjects and use variety of instruction strategies.
- Create and evaluate assessments of each student’s academic work and social growth and keep records updated.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Administer and mark assessments.
- Communicate regularly and constructively with students and staff.
- Set and assign appropriate homework on a regular basis to reinforce student learning and to prepare them for further class activities.
- Use teaching methods that are engaging to students, stimulating intellectual curiosity including the use of effective questioning, presentation and resources.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
- At least five years teaching experience.
- Successful experience in teaching and learning.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in teaching and learning practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to form effective relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- Role model for teaching and learning across the school.
If you are qualified and motivated to work in a school with an international curriculum, we would like to hear from you.
Kindly submit your application accompanied by a detailed CV and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28th May 2019.
The title of the email should be the job title for the position you are applying for.