Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC (KenGen) is the leading power producer in the country.
In order to strengthen the Corporate Strategy and consolidate our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self – motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following vacant position:
Corporate & Regulatory Services Division
Chief Communications Officer – Media Relations
Reporting to Communications Manager, the job holder will be responsible for augmenting efforts to communicate the mission, vision and values of the company by delivery of external communications, including website and other communications and publications, media relations and customer relations in liaison with other staff. Will also be responsible for editing internal and external publications, and the company’s social media platforms.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Public Relations/Journalism/Media Studies from a recognized institution
- Post-graduate qualification in Mass Communication/Public Relations/Journalism/Media Studies/Science or a related field is mandatory.
- Relevant professional membership from a recognized institution is mandatory.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline from a recognised institution will also be an added advantage
- Working experience as a Sub-Editor in a media house will be an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years working experience and an officer in communications and/or public relations, three (3) of which must be at a Senior management level.
Candidates shortlisted for the interview for Manager and Chief Officer positions will be required to submit the following;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Detailed Job Descriptions are posted in our website.
Interested applicants should submit application letters complete with detailed resume and copies of academic and professional certificates to
Human Resource & Administration Director,
Stima Plaza, 6th Floor Room 6.01.
P.O. Box 47936 – 00100
or send to the following email address: email@example.com
The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Closing date for applications is 17 May, 2019 at 4.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KenGen is an equal opportunity Employer.
Canvassing and falsifying or misrepresentation of qualifications will lead to automatic disqualification.