Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC (KenGen) is the leading power producer in the country.
In order to strengthen the Corporate Strategy and consolidate our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self – motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following vacant positions.
The job holder is responsible for managing dispatch and monitoring of electricity generating units, optimal utilization of power generation assets and liaison between KenGen and Kenya Power & Lightning Company (KPLC), and other stake holders in the energy sector.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Relevant professional qualifications and membership in a related field from a recognised institution such as Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK), IEK, is mandatory.
- Post Graduate diploma in Project Management and relevant master’s degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience in an engineering field, three (3) of which must be at the level of a Chief Engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of the standards, laws and regulations governing power generation and implementation of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
Candidates shortlisted for the interview for Manager and Chief Officer positions will be required to submit the following;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Detailed Job Descriptions are posted in our website.
Interested applicants should submit application letters complete with detailed resume and copies of academic and professional certificates to
Human Resource & Administration Director,
Stima Plaza, 6th Floor Room 6.01.
P.O. Box 47936 – 00100
or send to the following email address: email@example.com
The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Closing date for applications is 17 May, 2019 at 4.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KenGen is an equal opportunity Employer.
Canvassing and falsifying or misrepresentation of qualifications will lead to automatic disqualification.