Kenya Electricity Generating Company PLC (KenGen) is the leading power producer in the country.
In order to strengthen the Corporate Strategy and consolidate our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self – motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following vacant position:
Corporate & Regulatory Services Division
Environment and Sustainable Development Department
Senior Scientist / Officer, Environmental Conservation – Central Office
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Scientist / Officer, Environmental Conservation, the job holder will be responsible for implementing company’s corporate conservation activities within its various operation areas, restoration, this will also include restoration catchment ecosystems without duplication of efforts, monitoring and evaluating the impacts of company conservation programs and advise on areas for improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should have:
- Undergraduate degree in Environmental Sciences or Natural Resource Management or Environmental Conservation related field (Biological Sciences in Forestry, Wildlife Management or related courses) from a recognised institution.
- Relevant professional qualifications and membership to environmental conservation related recognised association such as Environment Institute of Kenya and NEMA practicing license is mandatory.
- Postgraduate MSc degree in either Environmental Sciences and / or Natural Resource Management will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience as an officer in Environmental / Natural resource Conservation and Management at a position of Environmental Scientist / Officer.
Candidates shortlisted for the interview for Manager and Chief Officer positions will be required to submit the following;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Detailed Job Descriptions are posted in our website.
Interested applicants should submit application letters complete with detailed resume and copies of academic and professional certificates to
Human Resource & Administration Director,
Stima Plaza, 6th Floor Room 6.01.
P.O. Box 47936 – 00100
or send to the following email address: email@example.com
The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Closing date for applications is 17 May, 2019 at 4.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KenGen is an equal opportunity Employer.
Canvassing and falsifying or misrepresentation of qualifications will lead to automatic disqualification.