County Government of Kericho
Kericho Water and Sanitation Company Ltd
Invitation for Application for Appointment of Directors for Kericho Water and Sanitation Company Limited (KEWASCO)
Kericho Water and Sanitation Company (KEWASCO) is a limited liability Company fully owned by the County Government of Kericho and is responsible for efficient and economical provision of water and sanitation services within its area of jurisdiction contracted by Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency (LVSWWDA).
The County Government of Kericho is spearheading the recruitment of Two (2) members to the Board of Directors for KEWASCO as per the increased membership following merger between the urban based KEWASCO and the rural based Tililbei Water and Sanitation Company Ltd (TILWASCO).
Recruitment of the Board of Directors for KEWASCO is in accordance with Corporate Governance Guidelines issued by the Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB).
The primary function of the Directors is overseeing the conduct of the Company’s business and operations so that ¡t is effectively managed in the long-term interest of shareholders and stakeholders.
In this regard, applications are invited from suitably qualified persons who MUST be local residents of Kericho County and eligible under the following two categories:
1. One member representing consumers/resident organizations from Urban and Pen-urban areas of Kericho Town and nominated / endorsed by their bodies (Civil Society, CBOs, Faith based organizations etc)
2. One member representing the youth/PWDs/Women organizations nominated/endorsed by their bodies (Registered Women Organizations, Association of people with disabilities and Youth groups etc.)
To be eligible for appointment to the Board, one must be:
1. Compliant to the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 by presenting valid and up to date copies of the following certificates:—
a. Certificate of Good Conduct
b. Clearance Certificate from CRB
c. Clearance Certificate from HELB
d. Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA
e. Clearance Certificate from EACC
2. Be a resident of the area served by the Water Company
3. Literate and numerate to at least form 4 level and post-secondary academic qualification from institutions of higher learning recognized by Commission of Higher Education in Kenya
4. Demonstrate experience as a Change Management Agent with acumen in a business or any profession of at least 7 years.
5. Demonstrate participation in any local development initiatives.
6. Must not be suppliers or other trading associates of the Company
7. Must clearly state the Category he or she is applying for.
8. Must attach a letter of nomination by the Stakeholder Group or Institution to which they belong
NB: Kericho Water & Sanitation Company Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and women and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all these positions.
Applications and Curriculum Vitae (CVs) including Certified Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates in a plain and sealed envelope marked “Application for Directorship at KEWASCO Co. Ltd’ should reach the undersigned on or before the end of business on Wednesday 12th June 2019.
The Managing Director,
Kericho Water & Sanitation Company Ltd
P.O Box 1370-20200